My Painting Process
My aim in painting is to create a picture that will leave a strong impression, with impact, that will speak to you, and that will enhance and be very present in your home, almost alive. I use bright, strong colours and textured backgrounds to help me achieve my goal – these are also strong reminders for me of the times I have spent both in India/Sri Lanka, and the American South West – both areas where colours are strong and brilliant, reflected from a bright sun and deep blue sky. I work principally in acrylics, although I also enjoy working in oils, especially for portraits. In larger pieces, I like to incorporate my unique ‘ secret collage’ where I use hand prepared paper in subtle ways to enhance, and to add texture, value contrast, depth and shadow in a very discreet way.
ART FOR SALE
Please note that SIGNED PRINTS are always available of any piece…..just contact me and I will get back straightaway with a choice of sizes. Please see bottom of page for more details.
Prices are given in US dollars, but I am happy to accept euros or pounds, too, at the exchange rate on the day of sale.
I can do similar paintings of ones which have sold, with pleasure, though each one will be individual and unique. Thanks.
1. RECENT WORK
a……..‘SHIVA’….a large glowing portrait in acrylic on stretched canvas of the Indian God Shiva. 110cm x 70 cm or 42″ x 28″
For sale at $500
Top quality signed prints in various sizes also available…please contact me for details.
c…..‘Green Glow’…..90cm x 90cm (35″) on stretched canvas in acrylic with touches of charcoal.
For sale at $400
The first of a new series of abstract and semi-realistic paintings on the theme of ‘cracks’ . This first one is painted in acrylic with a rich base texture with cracks. It is on stretched canvas, size 70cm x 50cm (27.5″ x 20″)
For sale at $300
e……’Camel says ‘Hi!”
In acrylic with some collage on stretched canvas, 60cm x 40 cm (24″ x 16″)
For sale at $300 SOLD
f………Seaside 1 and 2
Abstract pieces combining acrylic paint and my own collage papers, in subtle and imperceptible ways.30cm x 30cm (12″).
For sale at $100 each or $175 for the pair.
g……’Going round in Circles’
Acrylic on stretched canvas, with more subtle colours and markmaking. 120cm x 70 cm (42″ x 27.5″) $400
INSPIRED BY INDIA
Acrylic mixed media on stretched canvas – – As I am known as ‘Lin the Pink’ this is naturally one of my favourites, slightly smaller and lighter in weight. Also available as an art print and as other merchandise (see following page)
FOR SALE at $300
“Buddha Sees” Acrylic on stretched canvas with a little collage – – Also available as an art print or other merchandise. FOR SALE at $300
2. South West US Collection
3. Portraits (commissions welcome)
Please read the following page for details of portrait commissions – I work in acrylics or oils, though oils will take a considerable time to dry. I love portrait painting, especially capturing the essence of the person or animal, the sparkle in the eye, and I will always want to know more about the person or animal, their character, and your memories of them. These are mostly personal ones as an example, ranging from highly realistic to more expressive, as you prefer:-
The Pink Buddha (90cmx 90cm) guards the studio
- Prices do not include postage and packing, which I have explained in detail on this page – and for which I have a special thank you offer to cover 50% of packaging and postage costs, and which are based normally on weight rather than size. I use the Post Office of Portugal, their rates being very reasonable – approximately $70 for a 90cm x 90cm large stretched 3D canvas on a wood frame to the US, for example.
- Please read this page for details on sales, ordering etc, and other merchandise available, prints, cards, home decor etc.
- I am always happy to take commissions to paint pieces similar to ones already sold. Please contact me if you are interested in any purchase or commission, thanks.
- Signed prints are available for all pieces – just email me for the sizes available for the particular picture. Details of these and other merchandise are on this page
- If you are thinking of purchasing any of the pieces, please contact me, and I can send you larger high resolution photos, and answer all your questions! If you right click on an image, then open in a new window, you will get a much larger version.